This cartoon is me when it comes to writing my blog. I'm trying to do better about keeping it updated, but sometimes I don't know what to talk about. I feel like the people who follow my blog probably follow me on Facebook or Twitter, and already know all there is to talk about. And sometimes I feel like I'm just repeating myself.

Hey! Building Love is available in audio!

Hey! I'm almost done with Finding Jenna!

Sometimes I don't want to talk about what I'm doing because it might fall through. Several stories I've started have fizzled out. I'll revisit them at some point and hope that the original idea will blossom into something, but you never know if they will.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all I want to do. You know, like write the Suddenly sequel about Jamie and P. J. at college. I've started that project several times, and I'm not sure why it keeps getting bogged down. It's been a while since I've worked on it so hopefully it will feel fresh and new. I'm going to revisit it next month. I would love to get it done this year. I know there are a lot of people patiently waiting for it.

The next big goal is to get Finding Jenna formatted for publication and getting the cover made. I want something fascinating for the cover. I know what I want in my mind's eye, I just hope I can find an artist to create it for me.

Marketing Finding Jenna I think is going to be a challenge. It's not a romance, but it has a love story. It's not really "lesbian" fiction, but it has lesbians in it. It is a fiction story about a trans man, but not about how he became a man per se, but it is discussed. It's not really a mystery, but there's been a murder. I'm thinking it's just going to fall into an LGBT drama broadly, but how do you market that for maximum readership?

I'm going to venture out of my shelf and try some new marketing techniques like holding a launch party and advertising in places I haven't attempted to advertise it before. So, we'll see what happens. I have to admit that I'm very nervous about Finding Jenna's reception. I really ventured out of my usual genre, but I felt compelled to write the book, so I hope it does well.

I need to find a way to get more feedback from my fans and readers. I find hearing what people think very helpful in my creative process. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to reach more people and get more discussions going about my work, and not just for sales, but for insight.

Well, looky there. I had more to say than I thought I did when I started this. Hopefully, you'll have something to say too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman