Writing Despite Loss and Insanity

This has been a rough week. I lost my beloved dog, Bear Bear last Monday. He was ten years old and the sweetest little Boston Terrier/Yorkie mix. He'd become ill in the past few weeks and passed at 11:15 Monday morning. I had to work most of the rest of the week at my library job and had two grandsons with birthdays this week. Plus, I'm expecting grandchild No 6 any day. But, I managed to eek out a few thousand words this week. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to get more done on the Circle of Confusion.

Some other things going on are: My good friend, Teddy Emmerich is working on the cover of Treacherous Souls, which my partner and I decided to publish under M. E. Tudor with R. L. Williams, rather than changing to the whole new pen name of Williams Brewster. The editing for Treacherous Souls is almost done and I will be looking to have a few more beta readers go over it before publication. So anyone who is interested in going that, please email me at: mxtudor08@gmail.com

And check out my other blog, The Continuing Story of Jamie and P. J. for another tidbit from The Circle of Confusion.

Okay so here's today's tidbit from The Circle of Confusion:

Shaking his head, he pointed his finger at me. “You listen to me. Your mother and I have raised you to be a good Christian woman. We have raised you in a home that is run the way God wants it. I take care of making the money and providing for my family, your mother makes sure the household runs smoothly, and you and your sister focus on your studies and prepare to get married and have children. That’s the way it’s supposed to be.”

“That’s not what I want for me,” I stated. 


“I see. You want to be like your heathen friends and live in sin, running free to do whatever you want,” he growled. “We will not allow it. As long as you live under this roof you will follow our rules. You need to talk to your coach about having to miss practice or games so you can go to church with us. And, after this semester, we are going to send you to a Christian college where we won’t have to be worried about you becoming involved with the likes of your sinner friends.”


“My friends are good people, Dad. They care about me. The like me for who I am not what they want me to be. You should try it sometime,” I shouted.


And as a bonus for my readers, here is the blurb that will be going on the back of Treacherous Souls:

The suburbs of Nashville, Tennessee are usually quiet neighborhoods, but under the surface of the suburbanites pristine lives await "treacherous souls."

Sometimes lying, cheating and deceiving are not enough to make things go your way. How far would you got go get what you want?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman