Let The Editing Begin

I finished NaNoWriMo with two days to spare this year. It's always a wonderful feeling to cross that finish line and know that I've almost completed a new novel in a month's time. In the past four years of competing in NaNoWriMo, only one of the novels I worked on actually made it to publication, which surprises even me. 

One of the stories, "Aunt Gladys' Wish" fizzled out and I haven't gotten back to it. "Beginnings" I've been working on for like five years. "Standing Her Ground" came out of that original story. I will finish "Beginnings" eventually, but it has been an epic undertaking. 

This year's book, "Building Love" is definitely going to get published. My goal is to have it ready for Valentine's Day. I took a week away from it, and I'm going to start the first round of editing this week.

The other big project in the works is "Finding Jenna." I took some time to rework it, and I'm getting ready to send it out agents. I decided that I wanted to try the traditional publishing route with that book just for the experience. I like the control I have with self-publishing, but I'd like to see what happens with a book that gets traditionally published. 

Of course, the big challenge in all of this is time. As some of you know, my partner and I are raising three of my seven grandchildren. The two older kids are 13 and 11. They are pretty good about letting Nana have her writing time. The four-year-old is a different story altogether. In fact, he's been in here to interrupt me three times since I started writing this. But, baby needs attention too. 

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and it time doesn't permit an opportunity for me to get on here before Christmas, I hope you have a Merry Christmas. 

Oh! I almost forgot. I'm giving away digital copies of my books in December. Check out my author page on Facebook to see how to win. https://www.facebook.com/metudorwriter/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman