Finally Working On Writing


This is the new cover that Ida at https://www.amygdaladesign.net/ created for me. She does amazing work and has created several covers for me. 

This year got off to a rocky start, but the waters seem to be settling down. I've finally been able to work on some writing projects, including a 10-minute play that I'm going to enter into Emerald Theatre Company's annual contest. This will be my third time entering. My first attempt was successful, and they picked my play "Is She or Isn't She" to be performed. That play is available for purchase on Amazon

I'm editing Ridgway Moon, which is sort of a sequel to Learning to Love Again, and deciding if I'm going to put it on Kindle Vella. I've gone back and forth with it because I'm afraid it won't get a lot of reads there, but I want to put out something new. I'll be making my annual trip to Ridgway, Colorado, on May 26th, so hopefully, that will give me plenty of inspiration to finish the story and get it out there for the fans who are waiting for me to publish something new. 

I've also been getting to do some reading, finally. I recently finished Gerri Hill's The Apple Diary and am reading her book, Hunter's Revenge. It's the fifth book in the Tori Hunter series by Gerri. All of her books are amazing. I usually devour her books as soon as I get them and several I have reread a number of times. I know I'll revisit The Apple Diary, and I'm sure I'll feel that way about Hunter's Revenge. 

I also read The Fiancée Farce by Alexandria Bellefleur. This was the first book of hers I'd read, and it was a fun story. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. 

I've also got Can't Fight Love by KC Luck on my Kindle app that I'm working on too. 

While 2024 has had some pretty low moments, it's also had some great highs, like getting to watch my youngest daughter, Michelle, graduate from college with her Associate in Science as she works toward her nursing degree. Here is a picture of me with Michelle and her older sister, Jessica, in Owensboro, Kentucky, in front of the Ohio River. 

My other serious distraction but a source of great joy is my great-grandson, Angel. He's a little clip of him practicing his screaming skills. 

 

I hope and pray that all of you are having a good spring and enjoying the beautiful flowers popping up everywhere. I know I am. Next month, I'll have pictures from the Colorado trip, which my partner Rosa is going on, too. She hasn't gotten to go on the last few trips, so I am super excited about her being out there with me. 

Until next time, I wish you all great joy and love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Change