Chaos, Mayhem, and a Surprise

 


I found this picture on Dreamstime.com, which accurately depicts my life for the last two months. I have been a swirling mess, and I can't find the road going forward. I have so many projects and plans that I have overwhelmed myself and don't seem to be able to find a starting point. Well, that's not necessarily true. I keep bouncing from project to project, and I need to pick one and see it through. 

The one I've decided to focus my attention fully is the re-editing and re-publishing of Suddenly with a new cover. The very first version of Suddenly was published by Itoh Press in August 2012. I hope to have the revised version with the new cover available by the end of August, but I'm not sure I will make my deadline. You will find the new cover at the end for those of you taking the time to read this post. 

Reading Suddenly now, with new eyes, has been fun and refreshing. I'd forgotten how much I loved this story. It will also help me with the sequel, for which I need to write a new episode. One of the readers expressed that she was disappointed that the sequel is not in first person, but it has been so long since I originally wrote Suddenly that I was having trouble getting inside Jamie's head again. Since I've already posted the story on Kindle Vella in third person, I will have to keep it that way, at least through this first part. 

It's been a struggle all these years to try to write a sequel, but now that I've picked up where Suddenly ended, it's coming along. I know everyone wants Jamie and PJ's relationship to be perfect, but there has to be some drama, or the story will be boring. But, never fear, I am always about the happy ever after.

I really appreciate all the fans who have stayed with the Kindle Vella story. I know it's been slow coming, and I've been back and forth about the title. I am literally writing and posting as I'm going, and that may not be the best way to post a story, but it's the way I'm going to have it for now. Maybe I'll be able to write the second-semester story more quickly. 

I'm always interested in hearing what my readers think, so please feel free to email me with your thoughts at: metudor.com@gmail.com.

I am keeping this short this month, and I will wrap this up. As promised, here's your preview of the new cover for Suddenly. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman