Happy Fall!

 


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. It runs neck and neck with Spring. I love the colors and the cooler air. I'm sure everyone who has dealt with the heat this last summer is ready for some cooler weather. Fall also makes me want to get outside more, so I've been doing a lot of yard work. I wish I could blame that on the reason for missing last month's blog post date, but it's not. I was torn about what to write last month, and before I knew it, it was October. 

Part of the problem was that I wanted to tell you all that I would have a new book coming out soon. Yes, I know I just released Through This Together, which I hope you will check out, especially if you're struggling with all the issues caused by Covid. Through This Together is a hopeful story about how a family can rally around each other during these challenging times. It is also available on Kindle Vella if you are interested in checking that out.  

The other part of the problem was that I'm not sure when it will be out, and I had hoped to have a date for you. It's looking like November at this point, but I will share the new book's cover and tell you about it.  


Learning to Love Again is my next lesbian romance. This story is about two women in their fifties whose paths cross in beautiful Ouray, Colorado. Ava White is recently divorced and trying to find herself after several years with an abusive partner. Melody "Mel" Graves is comfortable with her mostly solitary life as a ghostwriter for her father, former Western movie and TV actor Jeff Graves, but also trying to venture into her own writing. Their mutual friend, Emily Rios, talks Ava into going to Colorado to get away from Houston and her controlling ex-wife, but Emily knows Ava will need encouragement to get her out and about while in Colorado. She enlists the help of her friend, Mel, who lives next door to the house Emily and her husband own in Ouray. Emily doesn't set out to play matchmaker, but Ava and Mel find a kindred spirit in each other that could lead to a lifetime of love. 

I will keep you updated as the process of getting this published moves along. Right now, the story is back with my editor, who is giving it another thorough going over. Until then, I hope you will check out my other Colorado story, Avalanche of Love. If you haven't checked that story out yet, but love women-loving women and loving nature stories, this will be a fun read for you. 

I started writing this blog on the 5th of October, hoping that I would get it out to you all by the 15th, and I'm going to make it. Yay! During this past week, I've been working on getting my writing life back in order. My mind wasn't in the right frame for this past year, and I'm sorry I've not been on top of things. That has changed. My writing life has become my number one priority again (right after my partner, Rosa, of course), and I'm working on rebranding myself. I love writing my romances, but sometimes a story will come to me that I feel has to be written. That's how I got started in this business to start with. I didn't feel that there were enough YA lesbian romances with happy endings, so I wrote one. To this day, that book, Suddenly, is still my best seller, and next September will be the 10th anniversary of its original release. I plan to do a lot of celebrating as that anniversary approaches, so be watching for giveaways. 

I'm going to update my website again and restart my newsletter. And, if you've made it this far into this blog post, I have a special surprise. I'm going to release Learning to Love Again on November 15th to coincide with next month's newsletter. And, I'm thinking the next newsletter might have information about a free copy of Learning to Love Again, so be sure to check that out. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

April Showers And Spring Flowers

It's NaNoWriMo Season