Coming Soon! Still.






I'm running about a week behind on my posting schedule, and I'm still trying to wrap up my newest book, Through This Together. I'm on the 9th or 10th round of editing and ready to get it out there. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of feedback I get from this story. Even though the story has a young adult romance that I think is very sweet, my readers so far have thought the story was a bit dry. I guess we'll see after more reviews come in after I publish it. I'm shooting for the 4th of July, but we'll see if that happens. It's one of the nice things about self-publishing. I can change publication dates if I need to.
Some of the books I've written have been very deep and a bit dark to some degree, but I'm ready to write something happy and light. I think we've all had enough darkness for a bit. I guess that's why I'm concerned about how well Through This Together will be received. It takes the reader through the pandemic's darkness and into the light of how many people came together for each other during this last summer.   
I have to admit that I'm ready to be finished with the story so I can move on to the next one. I've written a new lesbian romance about a woman learning to love herself and finding love after a very long-term relationship ends. That one is in the beginning editing stages, and I hope to get it out this fall. And I'm going to revisit a holiday story I started a few years ago. Hopefully, it will take on new life, and I can get it ready by the holidays.
The picture with this post comes from my recent trip to Ouray, Colorado. I went out there the last week of May with my daughter, Michelle, to get her boys who live with their father in Montrose, Colorado. Michelle rented this house for the week with the most amazing views of the mountains. We both hated having to leave. The new lesbian romance that I'm editing takes place in this part of Colorado, and I can foresee more romance stories coming that will take place in the same area. In fact, I think the picture I posted would make a perfect book cover.  
I've done a bit more reading in the past month, although still pretty slow. I finished a book titled Pet by Akwaeke Emezi. It's a wonderful fantasy LGBTQ tale, so I strongly recommend it if you get a chance to read it. It was recommended to me by my friend, Cecilee, who also recommended Pulp by Robin Talley, which is what I'm reading right now in print. I'm also reading Love's Encore by Miranda Macleod on my Kindle app, which I have enjoyed very much. I have added several books to my to-read list. Hopefully, I'll get to read them and post recommendations for my followers. 
I'm going to wrap this up for this month. It's been a good month to be outside and enjoy visiting with people now that the Covid restrictions have been dropped. I hope that everyone continues to stay safe and healthy. And hopefully, by next month's post, I will have released Through This Together and can tell you about its reviews. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman