Spring Renewals

 

Spring has always been one of my favorite seasons. Not only does it mean that winter is ending, but it's a time of renewal. Everything starts feeling fresh and new. Baby leaves begin to form on the trees. Bright green grass is growing. Flowers are blooming, and the world seems to be awakening. This is more true this year than ever. Last spring was the beginning of the extended shut down put people in a state of panic and fear over the Covid-19 pandemic. Even though the grass grew and the flowers bloomed last spring, everything was tainted with a dark hue. 

This spring, there is hope in the air. People are getting vaccinated, and the number of Covid cases and Covid deaths are going down, hopefully for good this time. For many people, especially older people, this may be the first time in a long time that they feel safe enough to venture out to see family and friends. Sadly, visiting family and friends will mean going to their gravesites and memorials for too many people. I'm always sending my prayers to those who have lost people to this awful disease and pray that we will soon have it behind us. 

Spring is also time for me to renew several business contracts. I have to renew my GoDaddy contract for my website. I'm renewing my subscription to Grammarly.com. I'm also renewing my advertisement contract with Robin Lowey's e-zine, Epochalips. If you have not had a chance to check out this online magazine, I hope you will. There are some really great articles about lesbians we should know. And things we should know about lesbians. 

I've been advertising on Robin's page for several years now. It's helped a lot of readers find my books, which of course means new fans. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a new book coming out yet. I'm still waiting to hear from the publisher about the young adult lesbian romance story I just finished. It will probably be a few months before that book will be out if the publisher does take it on, so I'm going to be promoting my favorite Happy Ever After stories on Epochalips. It's been over eight years since I published my first young adult HEA, Suddenly, and it's still a fan favorite. Last year I published Sheltered by Love right around this time of the year, but as we sunk into the Covid depression, I didn't do much advertising for it. And I still haven't put it in print form. Something I hope to get accomplished before the end of this month. 
Both books will be a part of the I Heart Lesfic Mega Spring Sale next week, so this would be a perfect time for you to check them both out. 

As far as my writing, I'm still working on my adult lesbian romance that features women in their fifties. I hope to finish the first draft of that book, tentatively titled, Learning to Love Again, by the end of this month too. My goal is to have most of my writing projects tidied up by the end of March, so I can participate in NaNoWriMo's April writing camp and hopefully get another 50,000 words of a new story written. 

I've been so proud of myself because I've managed to post to this blog every month so far this year. Maybe I'll finally get into an excellent monthly trend. Until next month, I hope you'll stop by Epochalips and check out the stories there. I also hope you'll stop by I Heart Lesfic's Mega Spring Sale and load up on some good books. I know that's what I plan to do. 
Happy Spring, Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman