Being Safe at Home and Writing


Once again the time has gotten away from me. I didn't even realize that it had been almost two months since my last post, but this has been a very weird two months. I would never have imagined that the world would have ever shut down the way that it has. I'm sure no one thought we would be where we are right now. But, here we are, working our way through this crisis together. 

So, the last time I posted was before my newest young adult lesbian romance, Shelted by Love had come out. It's been out for almost two months now and already getting good reviews. Here's one of the most recent ones: 

"A great young adult story that will make you feel every emotions. Sheltered By Love is laced with drama, determination, hope, warmth and passion for the fur babies. Well written with very touching, heartbreaking moments and it has powerful characters. Highly recommended!"

If you haven't had a chance to read Sheltered by Love yet, it's available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited!






This unique time in our lives has inspired a new young adult story that I'm working on. Here is the working summary: 

The coronavirus, COVID-19, has thrown families all over the world into uncertain times, Natalie Weatherby’s family included. Natalie knows that her family is one of the lucky ones. Both of her parents are able to continue working during the early stages of the pandemic. Despite the good things going on with their family, they still have to deal with the struggles caused by the virus. 

Natalie’s sexuality is something she has kept to herself. Her family is not super religious, but they have a strong faith in God, and Natalie is not certain how they will react to her revealing her secret. She finds herself becoming attracted to a classmate that she once considered her nemesis as they get to know each other online. 

Will they be able to maintain their connection when things return to some sort of normalcy? Or will Natalie’s fear of what her family and friends think get in the way of true love.

I'm posting this new story as I'm writing it. It's available on Wattpad and Inkitt, where you can view it for free. I hope you will check it out and follow the story's progress. It won't be able to be finished for a while because it's based on what is happening during the coronavirus shutdown and what happens next.

I hope you are all safe and well. Please keep checking back. Hopefully, I'll have more to post soon.

Love to you all. M. E.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman