Beware of Domestic Violence

Domestic violence comes from all walks of life and all types of relationships.  It comes in the form of physical abuse, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, neglect, and abandonment. Too many young adults today enter into relationships and fall victim to domestic violence.  There are a number of signs of domestic violence and many places to get help.  If you are with someone who is becoming abusive, end the relationship and seek help if you need it.  Being alone is better than being abused. Given time you'll meet the right person who will treat you with true love and respect.

I bring this up because my 22 year old daughter is trying to get away from an abuser. Unforturnately she has children with him which makes things a lot harder. (It's not unfortunate that she has children but it's unfortunate that she has them with him). When I was married to my daughters' father he was very emotionally and verbally abusive to me and dealt with it for 17 years until I got sick of it. Then, I met a wonderful woman who has been the love of my life and made me understand what true love means.  It's out there for all of us so don't settle for less than what you truly deserve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman