A Letter To My Fans



I would say that I'm surprised that I haven't posted since July, but that wouldn't be true. I'm not surprised. This fall has been absolutely crazy, and the beginning of winter hasn't fared much better. Especially after I almost took the tip of my left pinky off with the car door.

I have been mostly an optimistic person, but there have been a few really rough patches this year when my depression just about overtook me. I know a lot of you out there can relate.

My partner, Rosa and I are raising my oldest daughter's three children. Jacob,14; Jazmyn, 12; and Julian, who is 5 and very good at it. Jacob is bossy and controlling. Jazmyn is a drama queen and hanging with the wrong people. And Julian is busy, busy, busy and making these two middle-aged women tired.

We get no help from their mother, financially or otherwise, and that's my fault for being too loving of a mother and not enough of a bitch. Rosa's son and his wife help us as much as they can, but it's pretty much just us and the kids.

The lesbians we know, even the ones who have kids of their own, are not social with us because we don't fit into the social or economic class.

Rosa is going to retire in 2019 so she can take care of the kids full-time so; hopefully, they won't turn out to be the jerks their mother and aunt were when they were teenagers. Again, my fault, you can't beat or love genetic assholeness, and those two got it in spades from their dad and me.

So, I've taken on a part-time cleaning job, I work full-time as a librarian, and try to write as often as I can. You can imagine the challenge. But creating a good story and getting feedback from my fans is totally worth every minute I spend spinning my tales.

I have several unfinished stories that I will either complete this coming year or delete forever (well probably not). Anyway, I've set some pretty high goals for myself, and I hope you will all stay tuned for the stories to come.

Have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Love, M. E.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman