Halfway?

Image result for halfway point picture 

Happy day after Christmas. Like many of you, I had to go back to my day job today. We made it through Christmas without any major family drama. Yay! Next holiday up is New Year's, which is my personal favorite holiday. New Year's always makes me feel like I'm getting a fresh start and the upcoming New Year's Day will be no different. It will be a fresh year and I'll fresh new stories coming out. I expect to release at least two new stories next year, and I plan to freshen up a few of the others.

I'm about halfway through Building Love in my first round of edits and working very hard to get it ready for a Valentine's Day release. As we get closer to February I'll update you on all the progress I'm making.

I know many of you are waiting for the next installment of Suddenly and The Wrong Place at the Right Time. Unfortunately, both of my follow up stories for those books have stalled. Maybe after I finish Building Love and get it out there, I'll be able to get back to the installments, but for right now, they are just not coming together. 

I've been toying with taking a few of my stories out of the Kindle Unlimited program and making them available through other venues, but I'm having a hard time with it. I make more money per book in the KU program than I do through direct sales. Yes, if I were to put a higher price tag on the books I would make more money per sale, but I'm afraid I would lose sales overall.

There are a few other reasons I'm not going to jack up my prices. The number one reason is that there will be a lot of my fans who won't be able to afford to buy my books if I make the price too high. It's more important to me that my fans be able to read my books than it is for me to make a lot of money per book.

Another reason is that it would make me less competitive with other lesbian authors. There are a lot of excellent authors, who write similar stories, who are also using Kindle Unlimited and keeping their prices reasonable. The reward is a lot of loyal fans, including me. One of those authors is J. A. Armstrong. I love her short, quirky stories, and because I can read them on Kindle Unlimited, I can afford to read two or three of hers a month (I'm behind actually too busy writing to read).

Sadly, there are only a few authors I will pay more than a few dollars for their books, partially because I just simply cannot afford to spend a lot for books. Gerri Hill is one of those authors whose books I buy every time she puts out a new one. I've been reading her books ever since she first came out with One Summer Night. That was back in 2004, and I've been following her ever since. I have to admit though, I have gotten her newest book, The Secret Pond because I just haven't had the money.

So what do you think about the Kindle Unlimited program? Do you use it? How much is your limit for a book these days? Leave me a comment here, or email me at metudor.com@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

April Showers And Spring Flowers

It's NaNoWriMo Season