California and Chaos

I haven't had a chance to post anything here for a few weeks. I've had a lot of chaos and I got to go to California for the American Library Association's annual conference that was held in Anaheim this year.  I had never been to California before so it was quite the treat. I got to go to see the Pacific ocean and walk on the beach in Newport. I also got to go the the Aquarium of th Pacific.  It was very awesome.

I learned a lot at this conference about things that I had never really considered. I learned that you have to make sure your book gets cataloged correctly in the library systems so that it can be found by all of your potential audience, not just your direct audience.  I also learned that getting your book reviewed by the big reviewers like School Library Journal, Library Journal and Publisher's Weekly can be very challenging but very important to the success of your book. 

Now that I'm back home, though, I will start working on the next segment of the Continuing Story of Jamie and P.J. and I will be working on the next book that will be a companion to Suddenly. Peace and Love to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does The Time Go

It's NaNoWriMo Season

Tracy Chapman